AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1 ½ celery sticks, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 medium avocado (about 5 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken breast, celery and shallots and set aside.
- Put avocado, garlic, basil, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and water into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- With a spatula, scoop out dressing and add to chicken.
- Mix ingredients together well
- Makes 4 small servings
- 3 medium servings
- 2.5 large servings
- 2 extra large servings.
Can be served on top of a bed of spinach or other leafy green. For a non-24DC family friendly option, wrap in whole wheat tortillas.