BASIL & AVOCADO PESTO
- 4 ounce package of basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons avocado
- Wash basil under cool running water. Pluck the leaves off of the stems and place on a paper towel.
- Once all of the leaves have been removed from the stems, dry the leaves using a paper towel.
- In a food processor, add the basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix until basil leaves break down into very small pieces and everything is well mixed and uniform.
- Add avocado and mix for another minute. Makes about ½ cup of pesto.
- Small serving - 2 teaspoons
- Medium serving - 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Large serving - 2 tablespoons
- Extra Large serving - 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
The pesto stores well in the fridge in a sealed container.