- 1 lb skinless salmon, cut into chunks
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup rolled oats, ground
- 4 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 egg white
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground parsley
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put aluminum foil over a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Place salmon in a large bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, ground oats, cilantro, egg white and spices.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Spray cooking spray on your hands to help prevent sticking.
- Roll mixture into 16 balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are cooked through. Serve by themselves or with a sauce.
- 1 ounce protein= approximately two meatballs.
- 5 medium servings
- 4 large servings
- About 3 extra large servings.
Meatballs can be served by themselves with a dipping sauce such as mustard or in tomato soup (Make sure soup doesn't have added sugars/additives.