- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 vine tomatoes, pureed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- 2 ½ cups of pre cooked brown rice
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté onions and peppers until softened, about 7 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic.
- Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add pre cooked rice, pureed tomatoes, salt and seasonings.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve by itself or over a bed of spinach.
- Makes about 5 small servings
- 4 medium servings
- 3 large servings
- about 2.5 extra large servings.
If you’d like to incorporate a carbohydrate, you can serve the Shrimp Diablo over brown rice, brown rice pasta or another approved carbohydrate. ☺