- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, garlic, onion, egg whites, lemon, rolled oats & seasonings.
- Add spinach and red pepper.
- Roll mixture into 40 balls and place onto a cookie sheet. (To reduce stickiness, spray your hands with cooking spray before you form the meatballs)
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- About 6.5 small servings
- 5 medium servings
- 4 large servings
- about 3 extra large servings.
Meatballs can be served by themselves with a dipping sauce such as mustard or in tomato soup (Make sure soup doesn't have added sugars/additives. As an alternative, you can puree tomatoes and add seasoning). You can also make this non-24DC family friendly by adding to spaghetti noodles and sauce.