EGG MUFFINS – PROTEIN & CARB
- Egg Whites
- Diced vegetables: bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, Etc.
- Seasonings of your choice Mrs. Dash, Spike, Spices, Etc.
- Salt to taste
- Brown rice or oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. 400 for 20 minutes works too.
- Spray non-stick spray in a muffin pan. Add uncooked oatmeal, seasoning and vegetables into muffin cups.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cup. (Depending on your portion and how many vegetables you add, it may fill up more than one muffin cup.)
- Repeat until all the muffin tins are filled.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Adjust protein, vegetable & fat ratios to match your serving size.
Remember that 2 egg whites (1/4 cup) equals 1 ounce of protein.